Day 10: Crystal Cruises
One of our most favorite cruise line brochures to browse through is those put out by Crystal Cruises. Think dream trips all over the world to exotic destinations. When we think of Crystal, the first word that comes to mind is luxury. Crystal Cruises consistently ranks among the top luxury properties in the world. The line consistently earns top awards. including being voted World’s Best by the readers of Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Wow!
What’s interesting to know about Crystal is:
- Their fleet consists of two ships Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony.
- You will find that about 75 percent of the guests are from the US and Canada and their travelers are very sophisticated.
- They hold some amazing enrichment classes on board with well-known partners such as Berlitz and Yamaha. We were very impressed to see their Creative Learning Institute onboard. It’s a great classroom feel.
- And who can’t resist cuisine by Nobu Matsuhisa and Piero Selvaggio! yumm!
- Each ship holds roughly 1000 passengers and a ratio of at least 1 crew member for every two passengers (that’s a good ratio)
- Crystal is well-known for its world tours – you can literally start and end in Miami and see the world.
- Most of the elegantly appointed staterooms have private verandahs. Their closet in one of their suite staterooms was to die for… seriously. It is a true home at sea feeling.
Those are just some of the highlights. You will also experience casual dining option, a really cool cigar room, a casino, lovely bars and high attention to detail throughout the ship. Be sure to head up to the Promenade Deck which is covered in teak. It’s absolutely gorgeous. Not to mention some nice shops onboard you won’t see on other cruise ships.
We were most surprised at the size of the ship. It’s pretty big, yet you don’t get that big ship feel as the service and personal attention is incredible.
When we get ready to do our world tour, Crystal is definitely on the list. Who wants to join us?