Day 15: MSC Cruises
Years ago when we were in Messina, Italy at the top of the hill looking back at all the cruise ships, there was this one ship that looked amazing. We would see ships from this cruise line in all the ports but had no idea who they were. We had never seen them in the US, yet on our Mediterranean cruise they were the biggest, and sometimes newest ships. Years later we heard about MSC Cruises. That was them! And yes, they are a huge leader in the cruise industry. If you are not familiar with them, you should get to know and cruise with MSC Cruises. The first time we did, we were hooked. (watch the video below) Here are a few facts about MSC Cruises:
- They have the most modern fleet in the world with 12 ships (and a couple more on order – yeah!)
- You will find their ships year round in the Mediterranean and seasonally in the Caribbean, Northern Europe, Canary Islands, South America, Indian Ocean and South and West Africa.
- Their ships offer a perfect blend of European charm and modern elegance. We were super impressed with the overall decor of the ship and felt it rivaled some of the luxury ships in the cruise industry.
- If you are a fan of Italy, you will love their Italian influence felt throughout the ship (and yes, the hand tossed Italian style pizza on MSC Divina was to die for!)
- The entertainment on board was one of the best we’ve ever seen. It was original, different and first class each night. It was so good it was often a topic at dinner.
- You will find an amazing Swarovski crystal staircase on select ships. (Their exclusive MSC Yacht Club even has its own! – Nice touch MSC.)
- Their ships are full of activities, ranging from 4D theaters, and an F1 simulator to bowling, shopping, water slides, and more. The perfect fit for a multigenerational group.
- They also have figured out how to do drink packages to give every style of drinker a great way to build their own package as opposed to a one-size fits all beverage package. (two thumbs up)
One unique feature aboard is the MSC Yacht Club. This club can be found aboard select ships including MSC Fantasia, MSC Splendida, MSC Divina and MSC Preziosa. Think of this club as a smaller, 5 star luxury ship within a larger ship. When you book a room in the Yacht Club you will receive many perks that are totally worth the added expense. These include exclusive checkin where you are greeted and escorted to your suite, a team of butlers available round the clock, spacious suites with their own Nintendo Wii consoles and large flat screen. This members only area of the ship includes not only a panoramic lounge for relaxing, but also its own restaurant, and an outdoor bar and eating area. And this outside area has its own pool, hot tubs and lounge chairs. You could literally spend your entire cruise in the Yacht Club and enjoy the complete cruise experience. It is ideal for those cruisers who want more privacy or who want to be on a large ship, yet receive the attention of smaller boutique type ships. Or for those who just enjoy being pampered and like nice things. 🙂
Now is a GREAT time to book with MSC. They have a lot of incredible deals and offer an amazing itinerary out of Miami on the Divina. We recently shot an episode for All Aboard TV about the MSC Divina, here’s a little sneak peak. We hope you are inspired to take a cruise with MSC…we know we are excited to go back!