When we hear Paul Gauguin Cruises, we immediately think of luxury cruising in the South Pacific, Tahiti and Southeast Asia. Their fleet includes two smaller ships that can get to places the larger ships cannot. While they are the leaders in the South Pacific cruise market, we were excited to learn that Paul Gauguin also offers itineraries in Europe, Latin America, and the Caribbean. So who exactly is Paul Gauguin Cruises? And what’s the big deal about this little cruise line?
To start, Paul Gauguin is owned by a company who is the leader in French Polynesia luxury resorts. As a result, they provide a five plus star luxury experience that really highlights the wonders of its destinations.
The first ship, m/s Paul Gauguin, was built to specifically sail the waters of Tahiti, French Polynesia and the South Pacific. Since its launch in 1998, The Gauguin has operated year-round in the South Pacific.
The second ship in the fleet, mv/ Tere Moana, focuses more on warm-weather destinations. And because of the size of the ship, you will be able to visit hidden passenger and ports for a unique cruise experience.
Here are a few facts as well:
- They offer all ocean-view accommodations, with nearly 70% being private balconies.
- They have complimentary, exclusive private retreats with a private beach in Bora Bora.
- Each ship caters to a small number of guests per voyage. The Gauguin holds 332 and The Moana holds just 88.
- They have an onboard watersports marina platform with lots of activity options such as kayaking, paddle boarding, windsurfing, water-skiing, dive programs (all complimentary – nice!).
- And if you don’t SCUBA but want to learn, they offer an optional SCUBA certification program.
- They offer a special, unique program to young travelers on The Gauguin called the Ambassadors of the Environment Youth Program created by Jean-Michel Costeau. (He even hosts select sailings)
If you are looking to cruise on a luxury, all-inclusive line and go to some never before seen ports and destinations by cruise ship consider Paul Gauguin Cruises. Just browse one of their brochures and you will be completely hooked. We are! What’s your favorite service you enjoy when cruising on a luxury line? Share in the comments below.