“Silversea: eight ships, seven continents, infinite possibilities.”
When we read this on their website we were intrigued for sure. Silversea is known as a luxury cruise line. Their fleet includes ships that range from 100 to 540 passengers, three in their expedition line and five in their standard line. Are you seeing a trend here with the luxury lines? Smaller ships, ability to get to more intimate and unique locations.
There are a number of distinctions you will find aboard Silversea, here are a few:
- Intimate, elegant ships – extraordinary space per guest ratio
- Superlative service – nearly one crew member for every guest
- Butler service for all ships, all guests
- Open-seating in The Restaurant – no assigned time, no assigned table
- Alternative dining options – multiple venues
- Gourmet cuisine inspired by Relais & Châteaux
- Amazing all teak decks
As stated in the beginning, Silversea has options to go to all seven continents in the world. This is pretty unique for a cruise line. Most will hit four or five, but not all seven. Silversea’s special expedition ship, Silver Explorer, was specifically designed to operate in ice floe filled waters, such as those in Antarctica and the Arctic. Their itineraries would certainly deliver a very memorable and once in a lifetime experience.
Another really unique offering from Silversea is the Galapagos cruises. This ship is also part of their Silversea Expeditions. It is perfect for the adventure traveler. And what better way to experience this remote location in the world with a small group of like-minded travelers? And do so in luxury. Count us in!